For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Top Hat Studios Inc.’s Synergia. The game is slated to release in December 2019 on PC (with Nintendo Switch as a stretch goal that isn’t far off). Here’s the rundown:
Synergia is a yuri thriller visual novel that takes place in a cyberpunk future, wrapped up in a beautifully unique, vibrant neon aesthetic. At the end of the world, sometimes love is the ultimate crime.
Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues, expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.
Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila’s toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner’s old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique – if sometimes uneasy – bond. Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara’s existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android.
A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android’s fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.
- Nearly 100 combined, unique backgrounds and CGs
- 20+ characters in total, all with interesting backgrounds and personalities deeply woven into the narrative
- Choices that deeply affect the protagonist’s journey and world around them, with multiple endings
- An estimated 6-9 hours of gameplay
- A unique, vibrant art aesthetic that pervades the neon dystopian setting of the game
- A beautiful, vivid soundtrack that complements the game’s aesthetic, composed by one of the composers of Katawa Shoujo and Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story
- Interactive adventure discovery segments
- English and Spanish language selections available as default with further languages available upon meeting stretch goals (La selección de idiomas entre Inglés y Español está disponible de base, se agregarán idiomas adicionales cuando se alcancen las stretch goals)
Synergia has already reached its initial target, requiring $4000USD and is currently sitting at $6606USD with 23 days remaining. The Nintendo Switch port stretch goal will be reached once they have raised $7000, which isn’t far away at all.