Kickstarter Project of the Week: Lonesome Village
For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Ogre Pixel’s Lonesome Village. The game is slated to release October 2021 on PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch.
Here’s the overview:
Lonesome Village is a cozy, quiet town struggling to rebuild after a strange calamity wiped out their homes.
Take the role of Wes the coyote and help bring this village back from the brink of destruction in a puzzle-filled life sim!
A long time ago, hundreds of years before Lonesome Village even existed, Ubhora was a happy and prosperous town.
Ubhora’s mysterious disappearance is often attributed to The Cult, a group of wizards who wanted to control the world by summoning dark and unknown powers, which ended up destroying them and causing the town’s disappearance…
Many years later, Lonesome Village was founded on the same ground, and all kinds of people from all over the world came to live there.
Everything was well in Lonesome until a mysterious giant tower arose from the ground once again, and the people of Lonesome soon discovered that the village wanted to remain alone…
Lonesome Village was conceived as a mix of two concepts we love – the puzzles inside the dungeons of 2D Zelda games and the social & life simulation of Animal Crossing. Delight in the carefully designed and amazingly cute aesthetic of the Zelda-based overworld and dungeons. Interact with your neighbors and your environment.
Something interesting to add here is that Lonesome Village has no combat inside the game.
- Gorgeous, inviting art style – Lonesome Village is the perfect place to rest up after a long day adventuring.
- Discover a detailed and fascinating world full of mystery and adventure.
- Solve mind-bending puzzles to gain entry to and make your way up a mysterious magic tower, one dungeon at a time.
- Hang out and make friends with a variety of cute characters.
- Save villagers from a perilous stay in the tower and help bring them back home to Lonesome!
- Make Lonesome your home – earn land in the village and build and customize your house inside and out.
- Help Lonesome grow by working in your garden and fishing in the nearby lakes.
- Discover the gripping story of Lonesome’s origins and learn about Wes’s secret past.
Lonesome Village looks like just what we all need from time to time, an adorably relaxing puzzle game that is void of the chaos of combat. Its colourfully lighthearted aesthetic and adorable protagonist breathes fresh air into the grittiness that came come with dungeon crawlers. The inspirations from 2D Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing games are clear and they mesh together wonderfully.
This game required MX$420,000 and it is currently sitting at MX$1,192,557.73 after 1,823 backers with 20 days remaining. If you’d like to support the development of this game to help it come to Nintendo Switch, click the link below to visit the Kickstarter page.
Thank you to our $5 and up Patreon Backers for their ongoing support:
- Andrew Caluzzi (Inca Studios / Camped Out!)
- Belinda Cubitt
- Jon Crispe
- Matthew Sandstrom