Kickstarter Project of the Week: Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD
For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Loftur Studio’s Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD. The game is slated to release in December 2019. Here’s the rundown:
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is a not-so-serious adventure that brings together mechanics from Action RPG and RTS games. You’ll control Kofi, a weak, lazy and unlucky videogame character that will be followed by a group of interesting (and pathetic) characters aiding him to live a great adventure.
The videogame introduces a world of comic fantasy in which the characters are aware of being part of a videogame. Kofi is an RPG character that spends his days lazing around without leveling up. His game is a total mess and every character around him plays better.
- RTS troop control. Real-time group management. Control your own army.
- Captains with special skills.
- Find or buy weapons and equipment that allows you to improve your characters; multiple enemies with different qualities: find the best strategy to win.
- An adventure full of humor and exciting all the same that talks about a beginner adventurer’s road to self-improvement, and the importance of teamwork. With loads of surreal situations and unforgettable characters.
- Explore a big map with different environments (forests, houses, caves, mountains, water areas…). Find chests with unique weapons, funny side quests or simply discover new details about Kofi’s world through characters’ stories or written texts.
- More than 60 different enemies.
- Interaction with characters or elements of the stage. Many of the elements of the stage can be selected or destroyed (bushes, rocks…).
- Fully functional game console. You can get some retro games to play if you can find them at sidequests.
- Thousands of voiced lines for each language (English and Spanish).
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is currently slated for a PC release however in regards to console ports, Loftur Studios had this to say:
We are working mainly on the PC version, although we’ll work on the Nintendo Switch port if we get funded. With more resources, we could propose new stretch goals and work in ports for other consoles (Playstation 4 and Xbox One).
Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD currently requires €30,000 and is already sitting at €12,972 with 25 days remaining.
Click here to check out their Kickstarter page for much more on Descend and perhaps consider chucking a few $ their way.