Kickstarter Project of the Week: Grand Guilds
For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Drix Studios’ Grand Guilds. The game is slated to release in September 2019 on PC and Nintendo Switch. Here’s the rundown:
Grand Guilds is a story-driven, tactical RPG with a unique blend of card combatmechanics. You and your comrades will journey the lands of Irin, a continent on the brink of another war, while engaging in challenging tactical combat. Unveil a mystery that’s plaguing all the guilds of the land.
In combat, each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that, when combined properly, will make the difference between complete victory or utter defeat.
Will you help Eliza in her struggle to save the beautiful world of Irin?
- Turn-Based Strategy – Learn and master the fundamentals of tactical combat. Positioning and terrain will mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Card Combat System – A diverse set of skill cards will form the abilities of your units, making every turn more dynamic and each decision more important and meaningful.
- Deck Building – Tailor each character to your playstyle by customizing their skill decks. Obtain powerful new abilities by completing quests or leveling your characters.
- Guild Quests – Embark on challenging, procedural missions that yield exciting rewards. Increase your guild’s reputation to earn bonuses that will aid you in combat.
- Diverse Cast – Each playable character has unique mechanics and abilities that enable them to fill various roles in your squad such as tank, support, and damage dealer.
- Epic Narrative – Unravel the mysteries shrouding Irin, a continent on the brink of war. Follow Eliza and her companions as they journey through this vast, magical world.
- Voice Acting – Characters shout out their actions in combat and express their feelings during dialogue using short phrases.
Grand Guilds required US$12,000 and is already sitting at $14,390 with 24 days remaining. That means that there is time to reach some juicy stretch goals:
Click here to check out their Kickstarter page for much more on Grand Guilds and perhaps consider chucking a few $ their way.