For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Fervir’s Creature Keeper. The game is slated to release in 2021 and when asked about a Switch release, here’s what was said:
I hear you on that Switch port. I’m planning something.
Here’s the game’s overview:
Creature Keeper is a top-down action-adventure RPG where you can befriend wild creatures and raise them to fight alongside you! Scout the creatures of the world and build up your dream team! Cook foods to strengthen your creatures and craft trinkets from the materials grown in your pocket garden. Learn skills from your strongest to help you take on bigger creatures.
Creature Keeper is inspired by many games to make the creatures and combat shine. From the Zelda, Rune Factory, and Diablo games; to Path of Exile, and Ragnarok Online.
- 50 Unique creatures to befriend and fight alongside with. Assemble your dream team from the ground up!
- A polished combat system built upon fluid animations and tight controls.
- A variety of weapons, skills, and magic to customize your playstyle with.
- The Pocket Garden : A farm on the go. Grow ingredients, buffs, equipment, and more without ever needing to return to town. Useful both inside and out of combat!
- A cooking system, based on creatures’ tastes, to power up creatures! Learn recipes from eating foods and as you level your cooking skills.
- The Bestiary : More knowledge = more power! Raising or fighting creatures will level up Bestiary Entries which grant descriptions, notes, skills, player stats and more
- Colorful, fluidly-animated sprites interacting in hand-designed environments.
- Original music and sound design done by the same person making the gameplay and art – me!
- Community Backed Development : Creature Keeper has a set direction already, but your feedback will help see where it can improve. Join the Discord server via the link below!
Creature Keeper is being developed by the exact same creator of Tangledeep, a 16-bit dungeon crawler that saw great success of Nintendo Switch. However, Creature Keeper looks like it takes the top-down action-adventure genre that one step further with the ability to befriend creatures and have them fight alongside you. A very unique idea and one that’s going to make me feel like the druid I always pretended to be in many D&D campaigns.
Creature Keeper requires $30,000USD and is currently sitting at $14,800 after 522 backers with 23 days remaining. So if you’d like to support the development of this game and secure yourself, click the link below.
Thank you to our $5 and up Patreon Backers for their ongoing support:
- Andrew Caluzzi (Inca Studios / Camped Out!)
- Belinda Cubitt