We're partnered with Skillshare, where you can do unlimited online courses that'll help you create art, make games, and even help you with school/university! Click here for a free 1 month trial.
“Featured with permission by Dronelisk”
Credit goes to u/Treholt for discovering this method.
Requires you to reach Chapter 4, if you have not reached this far, please stop reading as there might be spoilers.
- Reach Empire of Mor Adain, Anangham #2 Dock
- Buy 99 NORMAL CYLINDERS
- Unengage any blade that has Salvage Mastery Field Skill
- Go to the dock salvage point
- FAIL MISERABLY at the QTE, although the results of the salvage don’t seem to care much, this is just for convenience
- You are looking for a monster called Tolden Krabble and looks like a small hermit crab, this monster drops a guaranteed Common Core Crystal upon death.
- Charge up your chain attack gauge on any other monster (the Zamtrios or the Stingray)
- Kill the hermit crab using an overkill of 200% bonus or more in Chain Attack
- The hermit crab will drop a guaranteed rare core.
- Time of day don’t matter, sea cloud level don’t matter
- Done with 167 Luck but I doubt it matters, I have always gotten a common core from death and a rare from overkill Chain
- Doesn’t seem to be any diminishing returns, I’m at 91 Cylinders spent and this is my haul: https://imgur.com/NsDj5CV.jpg while failing miserably at the chain attacks and managing the gauge, thus losing a lot of opportunities.
- In fact the last few attempts were done correctly and I got a rare from each, meaning no matter how many you kill it won’t stop dropping.
Enjoy farming for those rare blades!0