During Nintendo's latest fiscal report earnings, in addition to the news that the Switch has now officially outsold the Nintendo 3DS, the company has also revealed the 20 best selling Nintendo published games on Nintendo Switch.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 33.41 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 31.18 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 22.85 million
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 21.45 million
- Pokemon Sword/Shield – 20.35 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 20.23 million
- Super Mario Party – 13.82 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 13.00 million
- Splatoon 2 – 11.90 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 9.82 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 9.13 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 8.68 million
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 8.32 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 6.91 million
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.05 million
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 2.84 million (overseas)
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 2.62 million
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe – 1.94 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – 1.48 million
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit – 1.08 million
There's quite a few interesting tidbits here. First, Animal Crossing: New Horizons has nearly outsold Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to take the #1 position, which is more surprising considering that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has three years on New Horizons.
Secondly, titles like Super Mario Party and Luigi's Mansion 3 selling such strong numbers are great signs for Nintendo and Next Level Games to continue creating more entries in the series, especially after the news that Nintendo are officially acquiring the Canadian-based studio.
And finally, panic buying seems to have worked for Super Mario 3D All-Stars with its discontinuation after March 31st.