Nintendo Switch Outsells the SNES; Best Selling Nintendo Switch Games
We're partnered with Skillshare, where you can do unlimited online courses that'll help you create art, make games, and even help you with school/university! Click here for a free 1 month trial.
In Nintendo’s fiscal year report, they have revealed the total amount of Nintendo Switches sold, as well as the best selling Nintendo Switch games.
According to the official Japanese Nintendo website, the Switch has sold a total of 52.48 million units along with 310.65 million units of software for the system. This effectively overtakes the SNES, with the system having sold 49.1 million units and only just shy of the total software units for the SNES at 379.06 million units. The next Nintendo System for the Switch to overtake is the NES which sold 61.91 million units in its lifespan.
Here are the best selling Nintendo Switch games (published by Nintendo):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million
- Pokemon Sword/Shield – 16.06 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee – 11.76 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.81 million
- Super Mario Party – 9.12 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 5.04 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 4.19 million
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.58 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 2.17 million
- Astral Chain – 1.03 million
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 – 1.02 million
Those are some big numbers!