For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at JanduSoft and Grimorio of Games’ Sword of the Necromancer. The game is slated to release approximately in November 2020 on PC (Steam), Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, with Mac and Linux ports at later dates.
Here’s the Overview:
Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you.
Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help Tama reach the dungeon’s depths in order to gain enough power to bring Koko back from the dead.
Gather a little army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your objective.
Sword of the Necromancer is inspired by Rogue-like games like Enter the Gungeon, 2D Zelda games like A Link to the Past and monster-catching mechanics like those from Azure Dreams. The aim is to create a fluid battle system, with head-to-head combat as its main focus while leaning on monster summons for special actions and attacks.
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run. Also, you can choose to exit the dungeon at some moments, losing all your level progress but maintaining all your equipment.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.
Sword of the Necromancer required €15,000 and it has already reached this goal and then some, currently sitting at €35,908.50 after 925 backers with 19 days remaining. They have already ticked off three stretch goals, being: Additional Pixel Artist, Special Theme Song and New Game Mode + Free Cards. The next stretch goal is at €40,000 for English voice acting and free games from JanduSoft’s library of published games. If you’d like to support the development of this game and and get yourself a game (or maybe two), click the link below to visit the Kickstarter page.
Thank you to our $5 and up Patreon Backers for their ongoing support:
- Andrew Caluzzi (Inca Studios / Camped Out!)
- Belinda Cubitt