For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Dangen Entertainment and Scarlet Moon’s Helvetii. The game is slated to release in Q4 2020 on PC and Nintendo Switch eShop. Here’s the rundown:
Helvetii is a 2D Character-Action game set in ancient Gaul more than 2100 years ago. Incarnate a trio of fighters marked by the Rot, a deadly curse spreading through what is now the Swiss plateau. Use a variety of deadly combos, powerups and ancient divine power to fight your way through an everchanging landscape.
Helvetii is a character-action game first and foremost. Its biggest inspirations are titles from Vanillaware like Muramasa and Odin Sphere, but we also take a lot of cues from the genre as a whole (Devil May Cry, God of War, many many Platinum games titles and even smaller indie games like Icey or Dust: Elysian Tale).
Based on an “easy to learn; hard to master” moveset for every character and enemies that make use of their own patterns to trick you as the game goes on, the main thing we want to make sure is that it feels satisfying every step of the way. Let us showcase a sample of moves available for Divico, the playable character in the demo!
- 3 playable characters, each with a distinct style and developed moveset
- A great variety of enemies and bosses based on various mythologies from Celtic to Germanic, putting your skills to the test
- Runs are short, but vicious and never the same: Each level will offer a different set of rooms and encounters each time you play through
- Summon powerful primal deities to help change the tide of battle, and collect a variety of artifacts to either boost your stats or give you access to new moves and powers
- Gorgeous hand-crafted illustration 2D art
- Beautiful soundtrack by Dale North, and the incredible voice of Emi Evans (Nier: Automata)
Helvetii requires CHF 20,000 and is currently sitting at CHF 11,028 after 301 backers with 23 days remaining.
Thank you to our $5 and up Patreon Backer for their ongoing support:
- Belinda Cubitt