For this week’s Switch Kickstarter Project of the Week, we will be looking at Klabater’s Help Will Come Tomorrow. The game is slated to release approximately in April 2020 on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Here’s the overview:
Manage scarce resources, build and expand your own camp, face social inequalities and class struggle between survivors and stay alive in the harsh Siberian frost.
In an uninhabitable Siberian wilderness, in the wake of the October Revolution, a group of passengers survive the mysterious catastrophe of Trans-Siberian railway train… They must endure in a harsh ice-clad climate until rescue arrives. Facing many dangers, their own weaknesses and, above all, their own prejudice.
The basic mechanics of the game focus on the survival of the characters (meeting their needs, gathering resources, expanding the camp, taking care of security, exploring surroundings), but the player will quickly find out that in order to win, he needs much more: to learn the personality of the characters and work out relations between them, mitigating conflicts and taking care of the morale. You may choose to act selfish but it is cooperation that will allow you to win and keep clear conscience.
- Overcome class animosities between your party members in order to survive in an innovative class relations building system.
- Manage scarce resources and stay alive in frosty wilderness of Siberia before help arrives.
- Guide 9 unique characters coming from different social origins and grouping in three society classes
- Discover intimate stories and past of all party members
- Build and expand your own camp to increase the chances of survival
- Face dynamically changing weather conditions and unforgiving Siberian wildlife affecting survivors life.
- Experience in-game narrative events system based on characters relations and morale
- Immerse yourself in touching story set in 1917 pre-Bolshevik Imperial Russia
Video games are fun, yes, but they can achieve so much more than entertaining us for an afternoon. Video games can teach us things about the real world and Help Will Come Tomorrow does so by highlighting class and social inequalities set in a 1917 pre-Bolshevik Imperial Russia, all the while wrapped in resource management gameplay. Take it slow, learn about each character and immerse yourself in what they bring to the overarching narrative.
Help Will Come Tomorrow requires US$12,000 and is currently sitting at US$4,258 after 148 backers with 26 days remaining. If you’d like to support the development of this game and some hardworking developers in their time of need, click the link below to visit the Kickstarter page.
Thank you to our $5 and up Patreon Backers for their ongoing support:
- Andrew Caluzzi (Inca Studios / Camped Out!)
- Belinda Cubitt