Feeding the Ardun - How to Unlock Relentless Arduran (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Featured with permission by doicm
This is for those who want to know how to feed Pekka’s Ardun in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
IF YOU KILL THE ARDUN BEFORE IT HITS LEVEL 99, IT IS GONE FROM THAT SAVE FILE!!! EITHER RESET IF YOU KILL IT ACCIDENTALLY OR TRY AGAIN FROM NEW GAME +.
There are 5 different feeding phases for the Ardun, and the Ardun will go up approximately 20 levels for each feeding phase. You can do this after any time you enter Torigoth. The level 99 unique monster that results from this is not aggressive and will not target you if you don’t attack it first.
Locations for collectibles are marked with a spoiler tag. Collectibles themselves are not marked.
Infant Ardun, lvl 1 – Need +20 points
- Glitterspud, +2 pts – Argentum Trade Guild, Goldmouth Flight Deck
- Hot Orange, +2 pts – Gormott Province, Kloom Farm in Torigoth
- Ruby Mangosteen, +5 pts – Kingdom of Uraya, near Eight-Rock Skip or Greatmaw Rapids
Young Ardun, lvl 20 – Need +30 points
- Crunchy Passion Fruit, +2 pts – Empire of Mor Ardain, Old City of Teddim coming from Ruined Laborers’ Bridge
- Energy Aubergine, +2 pts – Leftherian Archipelago, lots of places
- Deadly Kiwi, +5 pts – Spirit Crucible Elpys, near Stele of Judgment in the Lower area
- Acid Tomato, +5 pts – Temperantia, near the center of the Ruins of Judicium
Youthful Ardun, lvl 40 – Need +40 points
- Love Lemon, +1 pt – Kingdom of Tantal, near the Memorial Ruins
- Snipe Pea, +2 pts – Cliffs of Morytha, lots of places
- Blood Walnut, +2 pts – Land of Morytha, near the View of a Lost Time
- Nameko Gem, +5 pts – World Tree, near the 7th Perimeter Skyport
Adult Ardun, lvl 60 – Need +50 points
- Puri Leaf Cabbage, +1 pt – Argentum Trade Guild, Goldmouth Flight Deck
- Sumpkin, +1 pt – Gormott Province, Kloom Farm in Torigoth
- Victory Loquat, +2 pts – Kingdom of Uraya, Gullet Pass
- Love Raspberry, +2 pts – Empire of Mor Ardain, along the cliff from the Old Plumbing Entrance
- Melodious Melon, +5 pts – Argentum Trade Guild, Goldmouth Flight Deck
Ominous Ardun, lvl 80 – Need +60 points
- Jellyfish Balsam, +2 pts – Leftherian Archipelago, on northern Daram Isle, or refer to Leftherian Collecting 3
- Lightning Stump, +2 pts – Temperantia, various places
- Bellflower Crystal, +2 pts – Kingdom of Tantal, Airborne Throne or Pillar City Ruins
- Limitless Rose, +2 pts – World Tree, corner of room near Lv. 2 Mizar Control Deck
- Monochrome Muscari, +2 pts – First Low Orbit Station, to the right of the first tree and down the hill in Elysium
** RELENTLESS ARDURAN, LVL 99 ** – Yer dun
Note: If you already unlocked Arduran in a previous playthrough, and if you feed it to full again, the Arduran will not show up like the previous Arduns did. It still has to be summoned by using the gravestone. Therefore, you cannot fight two Ardurans at once.
After defeating Relentless Arduran, a gravestone will appear for which you can summon it over and over again, similar to other Unique Monsters.
I’m open to suggestions for locations too if these current ones don’t work for you.