Featured with permission by IceDynamix
Premium Cylinders are good. Like… really good. But are they worth their money? I mean, they do cost a whopping 25kG at Dev Lv5
Where do I get them?
You can get them by:
- turning in your Salvager Rank from Mochichi, a Nopon in Argentum
- or buying them in the cylinder shops.
LIAR! I HAVE NEVER SEEN PREMIUM CYLINDERS IN THE SHOPS AND IM 300H INTO THE GAME!
All you need to do is long rest at an inn, check if you got them in your shop. If not, repeat.
Let me clear some common myths.
- First of all, there is a chapter requirement. (Don’t know which though, but seems like chapter 9 is the requirement for following strategy)
- There is no Dev Level requirement.
- There is no Salvager Rank requirement.
- Premium Cylinders appear randomly in shops.
The actual process
I started with 641.060G.
After buying 25 Premiums (625kG) I have 16.060G.
I’m going to salvage at the Jubilee Gate, Lower Level, Cliffs of Morytha. The pattern here is (A)(A)(A). The reason I’m salvaging at the Cliffs of Morytha is because the Stratospheric Hoop is dropped here. It gives 120kG for 5 of them. This is the item that will give us the most profit. You trade the items at Upper Level, Cliffs of Morytha. The vendor must be unlocked by a side quest.
Useful trades that are offered here:
Name of offer | Item | Money gained
- | – | – | Salvager Spirit | 5 Stratospheric Hoops | 120.200G Sea of Stars | 5 Ancient Star Compasses | 48.200G For Good Luck | 5 Lucky Telefactors | 48.200G
Stuff I have equipped additionally:
- Boreas with Salvaging mastery Lv3
- Beta Scope on Nia
The monsters that appear there are always floating above the void. I equipped Beta Scope (reduces enemy break resist), let Nia/Mòrag break and Rex topple. The monsters will fall into the void and it will be a guaranteed insta kill on any level, as long as you break them. They rarely appear with Premiums (I had 2 in 25 Premiums), but do appear more often with Golds (every 3 Cylinders).chance of monster may change depending on level, this was observed at Lv99
After using all 25 Premiums I have 651.012G from the chest money drops alone, which means I got 9.952G profit.
Here are the items I was able to salvage:
- Stratospheric Hoop (35)
- Ancient Star Compass (34)
- Lucky Telefactor (35)
Which results in:
35 / 5 × 120.200G = 841.400G
30 / 5 × 48.200G = 289.200G
35 / 5 × 48.200G = 337.400G
Trade Profit: 2.670.000G
9.952G + 1.468.000G
= 1.477.952G Total Profit
So in the end I made 1.47 million G profit from 25 Premium Cylinders.
EDIT: Grammar, Formatting
EDIT 2: I’m completely stupid. How could I have gotten 85 legendary items from 25 salvages? The explanation for that would be probably previous salvages. I salvaged before but didn’t trade the Hoops in. The spawn rate of the Hoops is about the same as the Compass and the Telefactor, so I’ll just recalculate everything with 35 Hoops.